Pender dating site free phonesex chatrooms
The Burgaw Presbyterian Church and the Macedonia AME Church were constructed in the late 1800’s and still stand faithful today as evidence of strong religious values.
The historic Pender County Court House stands proudly in the center of town on what is known as “Court House Square”.
Please help to establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention.
If notability cannot be established, the article is likely to be merged, redirected, or deleted.
The tree lined streets and the large canopy of oaks around the court house square is conducive to walking at a leisurely pace while enjoying the fresh air, shopping in the stores or stopping for a bite to eat at a local eatery.There are many historic homes and buildings within the downtown district.The oldest building in the district is the train depot which was built prior to the Civil War.The structure was examined by state officials in conjunction with its nomination to the National Register of Historic Places by the Burgaw Jaycees, a local civic group.It has been said that “Burgaw’s heart beat first at the depot” because it predated the incorporation of the town by nearly 30 years (Olson, Sept. The US Postal Service opened a post office in the depot in 1854. In 1898, passenger waiting rooms and rail offices were added to the south end as passenger rail travel became more refined.